Review in progress
Disclaimer: The guidance contains helpful primary care information for management of referrals and up to date referral criteria. These guidelines are locality specific to best reflect local services. This guidance does not override or replace the individual responsibility of healthcare and social care professionals involved in the delivery of care to make informed professional judgements appropriate to the circumstances of the individual.
This guidance refers to:
- Patients 18+ years
- Patients registered with a Wakefield District GP
- Patients who would benefit from advice to help them identify future job goals and work towards them
This guidance does not cover:
- Patients under 18 years
- Patients only requiring benefit advice or help with form filling
About the Service
About the Service
- This is a free, voluntary service open to all patients in the Wakefield District
- A service for patients who are struggling to find or stay in work due to their health condition
- A service for patients who feel work is a difficult option or may never be an option for them
Who is the service aimed at ?
- Patients currently not working or considering a career change due to their health condition
- Patients struggling to remain in their current employment due their health condition
- Patients for whom you feel work would benefit their condition
- Patients for whom you feel may be able to work sometime in the future – even if they are struggling to see this
- Are you struggling to imagine a time when you will be able to work?
- Is work something you can see as a goal for yourself?
- Do you need any help and support to move into work?
- Example script "We have people who can meet you either in the surgery or a location of your choice to provide the advice and support you need, for as long as you need it, to help you on your journey into, or back into work at your own pace."
- Refer patients who you feel will benefit from a discussion about moving towards work
- Referrals can be made regardless of length of sickness or time away from work
- Patients do not need to be claiming benefits
- If Pathway to Employment Coaches are sited in your surgery please refer via the agreed route (contact your practice manager if you are unsure what this is).
- If Pathway to Employment Coaches are not sited in your surgery please complete the attached referral form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient information/Public Health/Self Care
- Fit for Work - offers free, expert and impartial advice to anyone looking for help with issues around health and work.
Assurance & Governance
- This guidance was developed on: 12.2017
- This guidance was ratified by: The OSCAR Assurance Group
- Date ratified: 01.2018
- Publication Date: 01.2018
- Review Date: 01.2020
- Ref No: LW12 - 12.2017
Any feedback or suggestions to improve this guidance should be sent to: email@example.com
Only the electronic version is maintained, once printed this is no longer a controlled document
Care Pathways >
Lifestyle & Wellbeing* >
Patient Pathway to Employment (Wakefield)