Wakefield Community Respiratory Service
The CRS consists of 2 arms:
Acute Team (PERT) who deal with:
- Admission avoidance, this is primarily for acute exacerbations of COPD,
- Early supported discharge for patients admitted acutely with a non -malignant respiratory condition (excluding acute asthma),
- Specialist home ventilation service (NIV) and
- Specialist investigations in the patients home such as Tosca's and home sleep studies.
The team operates
between 8am and 5pm ( last referral accepted at 4pm) 7 days a week .
To contact the team please ring:
- Admission Avoidance for health care professionals only 01924 543035
- Non Admission Avoidance and
patient self-referrals for admission avoidance 01924 541827.
The second arm consists of the
Non-Acute Respiratory Nursing Team who deliver:
- Home Oxygen Assessment and Review Service,
- Case management for patients who have repeated admissions to hospital or frequently attend AE,
- Joint visits with community or primary care staff
- Medicines Optimisation and
- Education for example as part of TARGET or Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The team operates between 08.30 – 5.00 Monday to Friday To contact please call 01977 747437 or Fax 01977 747441
- The oxygen provider (Baywater) Helpline 0800 373 580 should be contacted for all Oxygen equipment issues
- For urgent non equipment oxygen enquiries at Weekends please call (between 8am and 5pm) 01924 543035
- Click Here for free peer-reviewed learning materials for COPD provided by COPD Exchange
- Click Here for free eLearning resources across a wide range of clinical areas available to support development within clinical practice.
Care Pathways >